Sunday, October 21, 2018
CALL TIME: 4:30 PM
CONCERT START TIME: 7:00 PM
CALL LOCATION: Queens Museum, Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Corona, Queens, NY
Where to Go
* Enter the museum through the Grand Central Parkway side entrance. If you are walking through the park, walk around the parking lot to the GCP entrance.
* Go up to the small theater on the 2nd floor. This is our dressing room.
* You may tune your instruments in the theater. Please do not play your instruments (or make other loud noises) anywhere else in the museum until after 5:00 PM.
* After 5:00 PM you can also leave your cases and other personal items in the Unisphere Gallery and adjacent area on the 2nd floor. This will be our gathering area before the concert and during intermission.
* Although it will be blocked off for us, the 2nd floor cannot be completely secured. Personal items that you would like to be locked up should be brought to the coat check near the information desk when you arrive.
What to Wear
* Costumes are preferred! You can wear the themed costume chosen by your section or you can wear whatever other Sci-Fi / Fantasy costume you choose (family-friendly costumes only, please!)
* If you don’t want to wear a costume, that’s fine. Please wear concert blacks: black shirt, black pants, black dress, black shoes and socks. All black.
* Please have whatever you are wearing for the concert on for our 5:00 PM rehearsal. We will be taking pictures!
What to Bring
Remember your battery-powered stand lights in case the performance area does not have sufficiently bright lighting.
There are very few places to purchase food in the area. If you think you will want something to eat (and we recommend that you eat!) sometime between our 4:30 PM call time and when the concert ends at 9:00 PM, you should bring food with you.
* If you’re coming from Manhattan on the subway, you’ll need to take the N or W to Queensboro Plaza and change there to the 7. (The 7 train will not be running between Manhattan and Queens this weekend.)
* Take the 7 Train in the direction of Flushing.
* Get off at Mets-Willets Point, the second to last stop on the 7 train.
* Exit left after the turnstiles and follow the signs to Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
* Follow the path past the tennis center to the Unisphere. The Museum will be on your right.
Note that it is a 15-minute walk from the subway station to the museum. Budget this into your travel plans in order to arrive by 4:30 PM.
* Be sure to check MTA weekend service before you leave.
* There is a free public lot on the north side of the museum.
* You can also park for free next door in the lot for the Queens Theater.