THIS IS IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
Case storage will be in Band in a Truck, which will be at our call location (the northeast corner of E. 40th St. and Park Ave.) ONLY UNTIL 11:15 AM.
Band in a Truck will then leave our call location and carry all our gear and cases to the Village, where it will wait for us at the end of the parade route. Band in a Truck MUST LEAVE OUR CALL LOCATION BY 11:15 AM and head to the Village before all streets are closed to traffic.
(What to do with your stuff during the parade):
1) Arrive at step-off promptly at or before 11:00 AM and stow your case/bag in Band in a Truck; your belongings will be waiting for you in the Village at parade’s end. (Yes, it’s THAT simple!)
“OH NO, I’M LATE!” CASE STORAGE
(What to do with your stuff if you’re late to step-off and Band in a Truck has already left for the Village):
1. Arrive at step-off and stow your case/bag in the follow car.
2. When the parade crosses Hudson Street in the West Village, quickly fall out, go immediately to the follow car, and retrieve your belongings. (It is up to you to remember that you MUST do this—it’s not the responsibility of the Band Aides, your section captain, Marita, your roommate…)
3. Fall in behind the sousaphones carrying your belongings, and follow the band to Band in a Truck to return your overlay, plume, and any band-owned instruments.
4. Explain to those who ask why you are carrying your stuff that you had no choice because you missed Band in a Truck at step-off and because the follow car (which has now vanished and is halfway to our uptown storage unit) is separated from the band ONE BLOCK AFTER HUDSON STREET. (NOTE: Any items left in the follow car will be available for retrieval from Band in a Truck at the Montclair Fourth of July Parade!)
HOW TO DO: THE DYKE MARCH!
SATURDAY, JUNE 24, 2017
CALL TIME: 5:30 PM SHARP
CALL LOCATION: Northwest corner of Fifth Ave. and W 12th St.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
Put on your “Rise” season t-shirt, but NOT the rest of your marching whites! This is a stand-and-play event, similar to the AIDS Walk. You’ll need your favorite pair of blue jeans and your footwear of choice!
For music, you’ll need the marching set, bonus tracks, plus Born This Way, and Uprising from the Equality March. Please also make sure you also have purple placards for every page in your flip folder!
DID SOMEONE MENTION DINNER?
After the Dyke March, and before you head off to your evening’s adventures, please join us for a bite to eat (and drink!) with good friends old and new from our visiting sister band, D.C.’s Different Drummers! We’ll be walking over to SAMMY’S NOODLE SHOP AND GRILL, located just minutes away at 453 6th Avenue (at 11th Street). On the menu at Sammy’s are tasty Chinese favorites, dim sum, and barbecue. They’re inexpensive, they’re fast, and the dining room has plenty of seating! What more could a gay band (or two) want? And Sammy’s is the perfect spot to launch you out afterwards right onto Christopher Street and all the West Village/ Chelsea Gay Pride excitement.
Mainly clear skies. High 85F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
HOW TO DO: NYC PRIDE
SUNDAY, JUNE 25, 2017
CALL TIME: 11:00 AM SHARP
CALL LOCATION: Northeast corner of East 40th St. and Park Ave.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF TROUBLE ON SUNDAY MORNING: Fifth Avenue will be CLOSED to pedestrian and vehicular traffic below 42nd St. starting at 10:00 AM. If you are traveling to our call location from the west side of Manhattan and are planning to walk or drive across Fifth Avenue, you MUST do so ABOVE 42nd Street and then come down to the northeast corner of East 40th Street and Park Avenue. (Alternatively, if you take the subway to Grand Central-42nd St., you will already be on the correct side of 5th Ave.)
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
Put on your sparkling-clean and oh-so-white-after-the-Dyke-March “Rise” t-shirt, your glowing white pants & white belt, your adorable white underwear, your shining white Dinkles or other all-white shoes, your fancy white Aussie band hat, and (optional) purple bandana. Color Guard, bring those magnificent blue and green sparkles!
At 11:30 AM SHARP, before heading to our step-off spot, we will take our official 2017 band photo. You won’t want to miss being in this!
AND OFF WE GO!
March down Fifth Ave. and over to Christopher St. like you’ve never marched before! After taking our fabulous show on the road to New Hope, Queens, DC, and Providence, it’s time for our hometown crowd to hear what it means to RISE! Look out, New York City: here comes the Lesbian & Gay Big Apple Corps Marching Band!
THIS BAND WAS MADE FOR TELEVISION!
Don’t forget to set your DVRs! For the first time in NYC Pride history, a live broadcast of the 2017 NYC Pride March will be on ABC7, from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM!
Sunshine. High 82F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.